About Pepperdine University Libraries
Borrowing Privileges and Responsibilities
The purpose of the policy and regulations outlined here is to provide optimum use of the Pepperdine Library collections for students, faculty, and staff.
If you have questions or want more information about Camino/Interlibrary Loan click here.
All Pepperdine patrons must present a valid Pepperdine ID to check out materials. Other borrowers* must present a valid ID and library card to check out materials.
Loan Policies for Library Materials
|Materials||Undergraduate students||Graduate students||Faculty and staff||Other borrowers*|
|Books||3 weeks, may be renewed twice if no holds are placed.||2 months, may be renewed twice if no holds or placed.||4 months for faculty, 3 months for staff, may be renewed twice if no holds are placed.||Up to 5 books at any one time for a 3-week period, may be renewed twice if no holds are placed.|
|Laptops (Payson)||1 day (on premises)||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|iPads||2 weeks, no renewals||2 weeks, no renewals||Not Available||Not Available|
|Leisure Reading||3 weeks, 1 renewal (if no holds are placed)|
|DVDs||1 week, 1 renewal (if no holds are placed)|
|CDs||3 weeks, 1 renewal (if no holds are placed)|
|Reserve Materials||Instructor-assigned reserve materials are available with a restricted loan period and are to be used in the library only if specified.|
|Non-circulating Material||Reference Collection, Special/Rare Collection, Microform materials, and Periodicals are non-circulating.|
|* Members of the Pepperdine Alumni Association, currently registered Crest Associates, Friends of the University Library, and dependents of faculty and staff.|
Please note that staff members who are enrolled at Pepperdine University's graduate or undergraduate programs shall observe the loan policies that are set for students.
Library materials must be returned or renewed on or before the due date. As a courtesy, an overdue notice is sent to the borrower's e-mail account after the due date. All borrowers in whose name library materials are charged are responsible for these materials until they are returned.
Self-renewals can be done simply by clicking this link.
Telephone renewals are allowed when staffing levels permit. To renew books, please call your branch library and speak with a Circulation staff member.
Renewal will not be accepted under the following circumstances:
- The item is overdue.
- The item has a hold.
- The item has been renewed too many times and has exceeded the limit.
- The item has been placed on reserve.
- The borrower has been billed for replacement of a long-overdue item.
Holds can be placed on most items. When the item is available, it will be placed on the hold shelf, and you will be notified by e-mail to pick up the material within 2 weeks. If there are multiple requests for a single item, they will be honored in the order received.
Lost or damaged items must be reported promptly. The borrower is responsible for replacing or paying for materials lost or damaged (and thus no longer usable) while out on loan. The minimum replacement bill for each lost or damaged book is the price, if available, plus a $10 processing fee ($50 minimum), and $65.00 for DVDs.
Damaged equipment--such as an iPad with a cracked screen or a charging cord with frayed housing--will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
A borrower may replace a lost or damaged item with a duplicate copy acceptable to the library from which it was borrowed. The borrower is responsible for a $10.00 processing fee plus the cost of binding (if required).
|Material Type||Replacement cost (minimum)|
|Books and other Materials||Price if it is available plus $10 processing fee ($50 minimum)|
|Reserve Materials||Replacement cost information here|
Long-overdue items: If materials are not returned 30 days from the due date, the borrower is notified with an e-mail. Failure to return materials within 30 days after the due date will result in the Borrower being billed for replacement cost and borrowing privileges being suspended. Return of the material will cancel the replacement bill and borrowing privileges will be reinstated. Fines for students will be processed through the University's Student Accounts.The replacement charge may be canceled if an item is returned before a replacement has been ordered. If such return occurs 3 months or more after the date of billing, the entire fee may be assessed.
Failure to return overdue items, or outstanding debts from any library will result in the temporary revocation of all library privileges until the items are returned or the debt is resolved.
The library will not release personal borrowing information to any other individual or organization unless required to do so by law or by University policy.
- Do not give your library card to others for checking out library materials.
- You are responsible for any materials checked out in your name until they are returned to the library from which they were borrowed.
- Know when materials are due to be returned, and return or renew materials on or before the due date.
- Notify the library of any address or e-mail change to insure proper delivery of notices.
- Respond to e-mails for overdue materials promptly.
- Report lost items promptly and accept the burden for the replacement charge.
- Notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen. You will be held responsible for any materials checked out with that card before its loss is reported.
Pepperdine Students, Staff, and Faculty
Your Pepperdine ID Card is your library card. To check out materials from the Pepperdine libraries, you must present your valid Pepperdine ID card at the Circulation Counter.
- Please obtain your Pepperdine Alumni Card from the Office of Alumni Affairs in the Huntsinger Academic Center (HAC) or go to the alumni website and apply for a card.
- Please make sure to contact the Alumni office before your first visit to the library. No separate library card is issued.
- Alumni members must agree to comply with all library regulations.
- Crest associates may register for borrowing privileges at Payson Library Circulation Desk by presenting a valid Crest Associates' card and a picture ID (e.g., driver's license).
- Associates must register in person and agree to comply with all library regulations.
- The registration procedures must be repeated annually to renew library privileges.
Friends of the Library
- California residents who are interested in borrowing books from the Pepperdine University Library are welcome to join the Friends of the Library.
- Please present the "Friends of Library" card and a picture ID (e.g., driver's license) to the Circulation Desks at the University libraries to register for borrowing privileges.
- The application procedure must be repeated annually to renew library privileges.
Dependents of Faculty and Staff
- Dependents of Pepperdine employees may apply for a Dependent ID Card at the University's Human Resources Office.
- The dependents are welcome to present the Dependent ID Card and a picture ID (e.g., driver's license) to the Circulation Desks at the University libraries to register for borrowing privileges.
- Dependents must register in person and agree to comply with all library regulations.
Faculty members may designate a research assistant, or other proxy, to perform certain library-related functions on his/her behalf (e.g., checking out library items, requesting ILL items, etc.). To request proxy privileges, the faculty member must complete this form [be sure to be logged in with your Pepperdine credentials first before trying to access form]. Please note that proxy privileges are granted for a period up to a year and faculty members will be solely responsible for the materials that are charged to their account.