About Pepperdine University Libraries
iPoint Phone Number: (310) 506-4238
The iPoint is the starting place for help in the use of the Library and its resources. It is located at the entrance of Payson Library. During the regular academic year, iPoint staffing hours are:
Mon-Thurs: 10 am - 8 pm
Fri: 10 am - 6 pm
Sat: 10 am - 5pm
Sun: 12 pm - 8 pm
Interim session and summer hours may vary. Please check the recording at (310) 506-4786 for library hours during those periods.
Research Consultations at Payson Library
Individual and small group consultation is available to Pepperdine University students, faculty, and staff by appointment. Librarians are able to suggest time saving strategies and teach the researcher how to locate and evaluate information in print, electronic, and Internet sources.
Students can book sessions directly with a Subject Specialist by contacting them directly through the Payson Library Directory.
Faculty and Pepperdine Staff
Librarians meet with the faculty or staff member at a time that is mutually convenient. Appointments may be made by phone, email, or in person with one of the Payson Librarians who are also subject specialists.
Payson Librarians are able to:
- discuss library assignments and offer support for successfully completing them. The objectives of this program are to make sure the Pepperdine Libraries have sufficient resources to meet the goals of the assignment and to determine if special instruction for the class is advisable. A consultation in advance is particularly important when the class is large.
- provide assistance with searching databases and locating Internet resources which support faculty/ staff research
- assist in locating materials not held in Pepperdine Libraries
- locate information about conferences, meetings, or associations
- obtain secondary statistical data
- identify possible funding or grant support sources
- aid in the selection of potential publishing avenues