About Pepperdine University Libraries
Resources for Faculty
Pepperdine Librarians provide in-class instruction, workshops and individual consultations in information-seeking skills and in the use of library resources.
Instruction goals may include the ability to:
- articulate and focus information needs
- develop information gathering strategies which save the researcher time
- search electronic and print databases
- use Internet resources to research a topic
- evaluate sources of information
- apply information ethics (citing sources and fair use policy)
Instruction at Payson Library
A librarian who is also a subject specialist in your area will work with you and your class. Please schedule your class at least one week in advance. If you have questions about library instruction, please contact Sally Bryant at x4262.
The librarians have created over 200 InfoGuides specific to courses and collections available to the Pepperdine community. These guides help users navigate collections and identify the most useful resources and tools for their research. InfoGuides can be viewed online by anyone, to access the databases within the guides users will need to log in through WaveNet.