Tips, Tools, & Tutorials
Pepperdine Campus Loan
Guidelines for Pepperdine Campus Loan Materials
Pepperdine students, faculty, and staff have access to books, periodicals, and microforms owned by all the Pepperdine University Libraries (except for those located at the overseas campuses) through the Pepperdine Campus Loan service. This service provides next day delivery (weekdays) by the University courier.
If you find an item in the Pepperdine Library Catalog that is located at another campus, you can submit a request for pick-up at a campus near you:
- After you have found the item you want to request in WorldCat, select the Request/Hold button.
- When prompted enter your Campus Wide ID number (CWID),
- From the drop-down menu, select "Pepperdine Campus Loan." (Hold is used for placing a hold on an item that is already checked out by someone else.)
- Choose your pick-up location from the drop down menu,
- If you are requesting a journal article, fill in the volume, issue, date, page numbers, and article title. Also, make sure to select the correct radio button for pickup location. If requesting an ERIC Document microfiche fill in the document number and title.
- You will need to enter your CWID again on the request page before submitting.
- If the material requested is on the shelf, it will be available for pick-up at your designated location the following weekday. You can check on the status of your request by selecting "Your record" from the library catalog home page.
- Items are placed on the hold shelf at your designated pickup location for a maximum of 7 days. If items are not picked up within the holding period, the library is required to return them to the location from which they were borrowed.
- Journals and microform materials are to be used in the library only.
- Requests for reference materials/books at another campus must be done through a reference librarian at the reference desk.