Tips, Tools, & Tutorials
About Pepperdine Libraries' WorldCat Local Search Box
What can I search from here?
- Materials at Pepperdine Libraries and over 70,000 libraries worldwide. This includes books, journals, media, government publications, maps, digital collections, and more--over 194 million titles and 1.4 billion items in all!
What else does WorldCat Local do?
- Integrates request and delivery options from the Pepperdine Libraries and interlibrary loan
- Provides links to full-text content and to Google Books as appropriate
- Provides links to electronic resources to which Pepperdine Libraries provides access
- Contains user-contributed reviews, ratings, and lists
- Allows you to mark, save, email, and export citations
What does it not include?
- Some materials that are on order or in the process of being added to the collection.
- Listings for materials included in some Pepperdine-licensed online databases.
- Author records from Literature Resource Center.
Search WorldCat Local
Shows how to do a basic keyword search and how to refine the search results. Covers the ranking of search results, the relevancy sort order and more.
Flash-based. Run time: 7 minutes.
Shows how to use the Advanced Search screen. Includes command line searching, Boolean operators, wildcards, truncation and more. Flash-based. Run time: 8 minutes (without viewing optional examples)
Get the Item
Shows how to determine whether or not an item is available and how to obtain the item you want. Includes requesting online articles, serials and electronic resources. Flash-based. Run time: 8 minutes
What other resources can I use?
We recommend using Firefox as your web browser for best performance.
Internet Explorer works best if you adjust your browser privacy setting to low.