Borrowing Privileges and Responsibilities
***COVID-19 Special Notice: we are unable to fill requests for books. You can request articles and book chapters ***
The purpose of the policy and regulations outlined here is to provide optimum use of the Pepperdine Libraries collections for students, faculty, and staff.
- Do not give your library card to others to check out library materials.
- You are responsible for any materials checked out in your name until they are returned to the library from which they were borrowed.
- Know when materials are due to be returned, and return or renew materials on or before the due date.
- Notify the library of any address or e-mail change to ensure proper delivery of notices.
- Respond to e-mails for overdue materials promptly.
- Report lost items promptly and accept the burden for the replacement charge.
- Notify the Libraries immediately if your library card is lost or stolen. You will be held responsible for any materials checked out with that card before its loss is reported.
Libraries Responsibility (Confidentiality)
The Libraries will not release personal borrowing information to any other individual or organization unless required to do so by law or by University policy.
All Pepperdine patrons must present a Pepperdine ID to check out materials. Other borrowers* must present a valid ID and library card to check out materials.