Boone Special Collections and Archives: Classroom Instruction
We invite faculty to bring their classes to Special Collections for instruction that provides students with the opportunity to engage with the materials. All sessions can be customized according to course needs, vary in length, and include examples of books and materials from the 15th to the 21st centuries. Past sessions have included:
- General introduction to research in Special Collections
- Review of materials related to a particular era or topic represented in the collections, such as Shakespearean England, literature in Italian, etc.
- Introduction to primary source research with original materials
- Information about the preservation and stewardship of rare and unique historical materials
- Overview of careers in librarianship and archival work
Classes from English, French, Italian, religion, communications, history, and Middle Eastern studies have visited Special Collections. We look forward to expanding our instruction program even further.