Giving to Pepperdine University Libraries
The Pepperdine University Libraries endeavor to become a global gateway to information! We aim to provide students with a sanctuary for learning and knowledge that encourages discovery, contemplation, social discourse, and creative expression.
As the transfer of information rapidly changes, it is essential for libraries to be technologically competitive while maintaining the time-honored traditions of book learning and research. Your tax-deductible gift will help us meet the ever-evolving needs of students and faculty by empowering us to pursue some of our most critical and innovative endeavors!
Unrestricted Gifts help the libraries close the gap between our annual operating budget and the growing list of resources and services that our students need most. You can make a significant difference by becoming a Friend of the Library or Library Associate!
Restricted Gifts maintain that your gift is a personal choice and should reflect your passions and experiences. Examples of restricted giving opportunities include supporting:
Today you can help us: develop excellence in subject matter collections like business and religion; fund information literacy programs, which offer training in online research methods and database use; or provide cutting-edge technology or new furniture, which is appreciated at all our library locations. Your donation to our greatest need can help us provide essential and personalized resources for all our users!
Money given to special collections will allow us to…
- Purchase rare books and materials that will enhance our current collections which include the Malibu Historical Collection and the Church of Christ Heritage Center
- Purchase archival-quality preservation supplies to better preserve our rare materials
- Purchase exhibit cases to display special collections materials for the public
- Convert audiovisual materials from obsolete formats to preservation formats
- Digitize unique materials and documents, including historic photographs of the university, the student newspaper, and yearbooks
- Adopt-A-Book - fund the preservation of a rare, or one-of-a-kind book or manuscript.
- Pepperdine on iTunes U - Take lectures, events, and classes wherever you go!
- Pepperdine Digital Collections – Discover rare and fragile materials ONLINE!
- Adopt-A-Database – Help offset the ever-increasing cost of digital resources.
- Personalized Web Services – Help students find, get and use, resources they need!
- WorldCat Local – Provides access to100 million records worldwide.
The Memorial Book Fund
For $50 you can honor the memory of a loved one, celebrate a special occasion or leave a legacy by having a bookplate installed in one of our library books.