COVID-19 Update: Pepperdine Libraries is excited to support students, faculty, and staff as we adapt to this online semester. Although our library buildings are closed, we have numerous online services available for teaching and learning remotely. If there is anything we can do to make your fall semester a more positive experience, don't hesitate to contact a librarian through online chat.
Payson Library has a number of laptops available for loan to students at the Circulation Desk. Students will be required to present their University ID card upon checkout. We will hold your ID until you return it to the Circulation Desk. Laptops may not leave the library.
Eligibility for borrowing
All Pepperdine students who are library users in good standing (no outstanding fines, no overdue items, and no liabilities of $100.00 or more) may borrow a laptop. Borrowing a laptop is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
The loan process
- Laptops are loaned out at the Circulation Desk.
- Once you present your valid University ID, the laptop will be checked out to you.
- You will receive a laptop computer.
- If the machine is damaged, your library borrowing privileges will be suspended and you will be charged for the repair or replacement of the laptop.
- If the laptop is not returned, sanctions will be applied in accordance with the Library's Policy on Overdue or Lost Material. Your Library borrowing privileges will be suspended and you will be charged for the full replacement cost of the laptop ($1,700.00).
Laptop loan policy
Laptops must remain within the Library and are loaned out for up to a day. Renewals and reservations are not permitted. At the end of your loan period you must bring the laptop back to the Circulation Desk in person. Upon returning the laptop, please allow 5 to 10 minutes while Circulation staff check-in the equipment.
Responsibility for theft or damage
You are responsible for theft or damage. For your own security, please do not under any circumstances leave a laptop unattended. You are responsible for the full replacement cost of $1,700 for the laptop checked out to you.