Laptops and iPads
Payson Library has a number of Mac laptops and PC laptops available for loan at the Circulation Desk. iPads are available for checkout at Genesis Lab. Faculty, staff and students will be required to present their University ID card, as well as another photo ID card upon checkout. For laptops, we will hold your second form of ID until you return it to the Circulation Desk. Laptops may not leave the library.
Eligibility for borrowing
All Pepperdine students who are library users in good standing (no outstanding fines, no overdue items, and no liabilities of $100.00 or more) may borrow a laptop or iPad. Borrowing a laptop or iPad is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
The loan process
- iPads are loaned in Genesis Lab. Laptops are loaned out at the Circulation Desk.
- If you are a first-time user, you will have to fill out and sign our registration and fiscal liability form, and present your University ID. A note will be placed in the system indicating that you have registered for the laptop service.
- Once you present your valid University ID, the laptop will be checked out to you.
- You will receive an iPad or laptop computer and a power cord.
- If the machine or its peripherals are damaged, or if parts are missing, your library borrowing privileges will be suspended and you will be charged for the repair or replacement of the laptop.
- If the laptop is not returned, sanctions will be applied in accordance with the Library's Policy on Overdue or Lost Material. Your Library borrowing privileges will be suspended and you will be charged for the full replacement cost of the iPad ($1000.00) or laptop ($3,000.00).
iPad loan policy
iPads may leave the library and loan out for two weeks. Renewals and reservations are not permitted. At the end of your loan period you must sign out of the iPad and bring it back to Genesis Lab in person. Upon returning the iPad, please allow 5 to 10 minutes for staff to check in and erase the equipment. Please do not leave the iPad signed in to your Apple account.
Laptop loan policy
Laptops must remain within the Library and are loaned out for up to a day. Renewals and reservations are not permitted. At the end of your loan period you must bring the laptop back to the Circulation Desk in person. Upon returning the laptop, please allow 5 to 10 minutes while Circulation staff check-in the equipment.
iPad and laptop availability:
Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 2 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday 12 noon to 2 a.m.
Laptop security locks
To discourage theft of laptops at Payson Library, all students, faculty and staff are able to checkout laptop security locks from the Circulation Desk. Situated underneath each of the group study tables, as well as underneath each of the individual study carrels, are steel loops through which the laptop security cables can be secured. Though the laptop security locks discourage theft, never leave your laptop unattended.
Responsibility for theft or damage
You are responsible for theft or damage. For your own security, please do not under any circumstances leave an iPad or laptop unattended. You are responsible for the full replacement cost of $1,000 for the iPad or $3,000 for the laptop checked out to you. To help discourage theft of a laptop, please be sure to also checkout a laptop security lock from the Circulation Desk.