Room and Filming Requests
Here you can learn all about the different library areas, including spaces in Payson Library, that are available for use.
Surfboard Room Event Partnerships
Are you a faculty or staff member looking to bring a speaker to campus and want to host your event in the Surfboard Room? Event partnerships with Pepperdine Libraries are a great way to open your event to a broader audience and to have your guest present in a unique space on campus. To start the process, review the policies listed in the Surfboard Room event partnership request form before filling it out. Partnership requests must be submitted by a faculty or staff member at least one month before the planned event date to give us ample time for planning and promotion. We will make a decision within one week of submission.
Please note, we do not accept requests for meeting/reception space in any library
room during the academic year. Instead, we encourage you to find a room in another
Pepperdine University building using the 25Live reservation system.
Filming and Photography in the Libraries
The purpose of this policy is to establish the terms and conditions under which Pepperdine Libraries space may be used for filming and photography. This policy applies to filming and photography by members of the Pepperdine community, as well as to persons external to the University.
Interested parties wanting to film and/or photograph in any of the Pepperdine Libraries must submit a written proposal to Katrina Gallardo in the Dean of Libraries Office at least two weeks in advance for approval. All proposals will be reviewed and processed in a timely manner, and we aim to respond one week before the requested date. Please submit your proposals as early as possible.
If you are submitting a proposal for a class project, please fill out this Google Form.
If you are submitting a proposal for the Graphic or NewsWaves, please contact your faculty advisor for information about the request process.
If you are a member of the media and would like to film a story or interview in the library, please email email@example.com.
If you are submitting a proposal for any other reason, please email Katrina Gallardo with the following information:
- Name and contact information of the person responsible
- Date and time of filming/photography
- Locations that will be included
- Purpose and description of the filming/photography to be performed and purpose for which it will be used
- The number of people who will be filming
- A list of equipment to be used for filming
A one-time special use fee is required to film or shoot in any of our library locations.
Currently enrolled Pepperdine students may be exempt from the fee. Parties interested
in using other parts of campus for their filming needs should contact the Office of
Special Programs at (310) 506-4264.
Group Study Room Policy
Study rooms are available to current students ONLY.
- A group may reserve a study room for up to two hours per day at Payson Library, West Los Angeles Campus Library, and for up to three hours a day at Drescher Graduate Campus Library and Irvine Campus Library. After that time, a group may continue to use the room only if it has not been reserved by another group.
- Individuals may use study rooms which have not been previously reserved by a group. Groups are given priority over individuals when all rooms are occupied.
- Rooms will only be held for fifteen minutes after their reserved times, after which
the reservation will be cancelled and they are considered to be open and available.